Bolder Black is a great concept to initiate movement towards a circular economy. With the current and past issues of what to do with waste tires, this is an innovative solution.
-Judges Statement, Environmental Leader Product of the Year Award, 2016
- Bolder Black™ is an environmentally responsible alternative to virgin carbon black (VCB) derived from end-of-life tires. Bolder Black performs similarly to certain ASTM reference grades of VCB but has unique physical properties and performance characteristics. Independent testing has been conducted to compare N300, N550, and N660 VCB grades with Bolder Black in common compounds in order to facilitate understanding of Bolder Black’s performance characteristics and its application in rubber compounds. The results indicate that Bolder Black has reinforcing properties similar to N550 and N660, demonstrates excellent elongation and tear resistance and has tensile strength similar to N774.
- Bolder Black is provided milled and pelletized for easy incorporation into manufacturing processes
- 100% post-consumer recycled content (M&R Sourcing of Raw Materials credit)
- Verifiable data to support your LCA (M&R Environmental Product Declarations credit)
- Detailed ingredient information (M&R Material Ingredients credit)
“Bolder Black is a reclaimed black that easily disperses in thermoplastic materials using the correct compounding technology. We look forward to the commercialization of this product and have a strong desire to add this material to our portfolio of green, sustainable products.”
“Unfortunately, until recently no one has been able to provide a carbon black that is dispersible and provides reinforcing properties. It is with great pleasure we have found that Bolder Black is a recovered carbon black that easily disperses and provides reinforcing similar to the standard ASTM N-500 and N-700 series blacks.”
“This is a great concept to initiate movement towards a circular economy. Also, with the current and past issues of what to do with waste tires, this is an innovative solution.. Kills two big birds with one product...waste reuse and product substitution, both with high potential and high impact.”
“This is exactly the kind of next step we are looking for.”
Order Sample of Bolder Black
Bolder Black samples are shipped weekly every Thursday and are available in 5, 10 and 20 lb orders. For questions about sample ordering, please contact our sales team, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our vision is to divert more solid waste from landfills than any other single effort over the next 10 years
- To accomplish this, we solve challenging environmental issues for the industrial waste industry by developing sustainable products and services through technology
- Located in Maryville, Missouri, our 24,000 square foot facility houses the proprietary systems necessary to recycle over two million scrap tires annually. MCS operates a net energy positive facility that is 90% more efficient in terms of water and electricity consumption than commercial alternatives and diverts nearly 50 million pounds of waste from entering our landfills each year. The facility is large enough to recycle and reuse every scrap tire produced in the Kansas City metro area. See more here: http://maryvillecarbonsolutions.com/
Awards and Certifications
We’re proud to have assembled a team with extraordinary experience in sustainability, waste solutions, industrial manufacturing, entrepreneurship, business growth and bottom line profitability.
We are a capital-intensive business that has attracted individual angel investors as well as institutional funding. We are fortunate to have a dynamic investment group that provides much more than financial support. If you are interested in investing in a growing company led by a dynamic managment team that focuses on the triple bottom line, we invite you reach out to us. We would be honored to discuss your investment focus and goals.
For more details on investment opportunities with Bolder Industries or to review our investor presentation, please contact Jessica Hogan.